Very useful for brands that have flexibility to adjust packaging, format and flavour to maximise sales potential in the market.
1) Convenient packaging for China’s mega convenience trend. just add hot water and you’re good to go!
2) Hygienic packaging, with outer wrapper for hygiene concerned consumers.
3) Linking with China’s singles day, the online shopping festival on 11.11. Like a super black Friday, Alibaba‘s sales passed $30bn (yes that’s with a b!) in just 24 hours last year.
4) Reference to China’s ancient culture with the Tai chi image.
5) QR code, used widely and habitually in China as a way for consumers to instantly access more information.
6) Different flavour profiles, yes that’s cheese and oat tea! Popular in China but might not achieve multiple facings in Western supermarkets!
7) Suitable price point, sitting at 6RMB this is well priced for the mass market. Imported brands will always command a premium price, but hitting a certain price can produce a massive increase sales volume.